Point to Multi-Point wireless is a solution that connects one main location (base station) with multiple locations (subscribers). These wireless links are available in several unlicensed frequencies and offer bandwidth of up to 54Mbps.
Benefits of a Point to Multi-Point wireless solution:
- Low start-up cost:
No digging or trenching is required, which speeds time to deployment.
- No recurring fees:
You own the network, so no monthly fees as with leased T-1 lines.
- Greater bandwidth than with traditional T-1 lines.
- Allows for connectivity in locations where cable may not be available.
Possible solutions using Point to Multi-Point Wireless:
- Connecting communities: F or cost-effective access within communities, municipalities and educational institutions
- Internet café: Hotspot feeding for increasing speeds, capacity and reliability.
- Security and surveillance: Wireless cameras transmitting heavy bandwidth that requires secure, reliable services.
- Last mile access: Services for both residential MTU/MDU and business users in the same area with different SLAs, even in extreme temperatures.
- Metropolitan area networks: Broadband connectivity with NLOS capabilities for all environments, even those dense with buildings or foliage.
- Enterprise networks: Leased-line replacement for cost-effective connectivity, providing VoIP and data services to enterprises and campuses.
- Homeland security applications: Primary lines and backup emergency lines for fixed and mobile networks, working with BreezeACCESS 4900 and BreezeACCESS 900.
- Phone supermarkets: Cost-effective large-capacity and high-quality VoIP for rural areas with no wire-line telephony.
- Nomadic applications: Ships and vehicles that require data, video and VoIP connection when in stations or on the move.
- Available in 5.3GHz, 5.4GHz, 5.8GHz, 2.4GHz and 900MHz unlicensed frequencies as well as the 4.9GHz licensed frequency.
- Very fast packet processing for high number of VoIP calls and better network performances, reaching more than 40,000 packets per second with 64 bytes packets.
- Wireless Link Prioritization (WLP), an over-the-air prioritization of mission critical applications (optional feature, requires a license).
- QinQ 802.3ad for secured transport of users’ VLAN traffic within operator’s VLANs.
- Block/authorize user access by subscriber unit.
- FIPS-197 new encryption certified mode (optional feature, requires a license).
- Simpler installation and configuration changes through automatic sub-band recognition.
- Click here to learn more about the BreezeACCESS® VL & BreezeACCESS® 4900.
- Click here to download the BreezeACCESS® VL Security white paper.
- Click here to download the Geneva Customer Story.
- Click here to download the Questar Customer Story.
- Click here to download the Scottsburg Customer Story.
- Click here to view Alvarion’s Point to Multi-Point products from ScanSource.